[VoiceOps] Disconnect without explanation

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Mon Sep 5 11:04:54 EDT 2022

Pinchas,

Did you have to provide any address at any point to your provider? A simple
lookup shows the range belongs to Bandwidth (formerly Voxbone). As per
Voxbone's website.
1)  Sub allocation

One stage sub-allocation of numbers allowed provided customer is a licensed
operator or service provider.

2)
Address or identification requirements

For geographical numbers, the location of the end user (place of
residence/business) must be within the relevant geographic zone. If
requested by Bandwidth, Customer shall send the location of the end user
(place of residence/business) within 24 hours of receiving the request,
otherwise the number may be disconnected.

3)
Other restrictions

Customer has the obligation to be able to identify users of Belgian DIDs
through trustworthy information.

If your vendor was not registered as a provider in Belgium OR they did not
follow any of the other rules then Voxbone could have easily terminated all
of your vendors numbers in Belgium. In addition call spammers randomly
generate numbers to use as CLI and it could be your unlucky day. In our
experience with Voxbone, rarely do they turn off a number with no recourse
or explanation. I would speak to your sales rep to see if they can have
someone escalate to BandWidth.