[VoiceOps] No-commit international calling

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Thu Jul 13 15:34:07 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I have an asterisk PBX for personal/business use. I use Flowroute for both
origination and termination.

Recently I've started needing to make some international calls
(specifically mostly to the UK, but also some other places in Europe and
Australia). There've been a few numbers where completion is very
hit-or-miss, and a few that seem not to work at all (in both cases I get a
SIP 500 back from the carrier).

I'm wondering if this is a carrier issue - maybe Flowroute just has
low-quality routes to some destinations? I'd like to try other carriers,
and ideally keep a second one as a fallback, but I'm not sure who's out
there with no commit.

Looks like voip.ms is one option. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross