[VoiceOps] TF number ported out/re-assigned without authorization

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Tue Mar 14 12:54:48 EDT 2023

Do you have a <30 day invoice with the number on it?

I would try to NASC it... it may set off a pissing match between you and
the current user, but if you can show that you had it first... you may win
it.

[image: Star Telecom - Cloud Communications and Customer Experience
Solutions] <http://www.startelecom.ca>

  <https://www.linkedin.com/company/star-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-/>
<https://www.facebook.com/startelecomcanada>
<https://twitter.com/startelecom?lang=en>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Us9bsIx2_ua1-LSQ3FGhw>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

www.startelecom.ca

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 12:45 PM Carlos Alvarez via VoiceOps <
voiceops at voiceops.org> wrote:

> This is a huge problem, so while I’m waiting for thinQ to tell me what
> they can do, I thought I’d check with my other resources.  They gave us a
> small block of TF numbers some time back, and we assigned them to one
> customer.  We tested them in March of 2022.  One of them was not put into
> use as it was for a pre-planned project this year; the customer needed to
> physically publish the number on posters, via letters, and by email.  Now
> it’s time to start the project, and we find out that the number has been
> given to Telnyx.  We were told by thinQ that it was part of a bad inventory
> load, but that can’t be possible since it did work.  And we also have
> working numbers from the same batch (for now…that’s worrisome too).
>
> Currently the number goes to a fax tone, and we don’t know who owns it.  I
> have not tried sending a fax.  I’m not sure how I’d start that conversation.
>
> This seems like a massive failing on thinQ’s part.  The end user is a
> regional government authority that has spread the number far and wide.  In
> fact if you google the number, you get the government agency’s info.  What
> can we force them to do?  The project was to go live on Monday.

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the
sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
the original
message.