[VoiceOps] How to port out a google voice number from a locked Gmail account

Brandon Martin lists.voiceops at monmotha.net
Wed Mar 22 10:59:04 EDT 2023

On 3/21/23 15:32, Pinchas Neiman via VoiceOps wrote:
> Although Google does not have a process to restore such an account, I
> am thinking since this number came originally from a landline and the
> bills are still available, if it's possible to force Google to port
> out the number against their policy through some legal process.
>
> What would be the process, if any

If you know the PIN, which should be the same as the voicemail PIN, you
can try porting it without "unlocking" it for porting. I've heard mixed
results.

AFAIK, having bills from the former landline account will do you no
good. That carrier is no longer the carrier of record for that TN.

--
Brandon Martin