[VoiceOps] Voice Peering

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Wed Oct 25 16:50:27 EDT 2023

>  any business who also leases numbers INDIRECTLY gets cut out and still
needs to pay their upstream carrier(s) to place/receive calls
Yes, true...but I don't really care about retail consumers or resellers. If
they are doing enough VoIP volume that they care about peering, they can go
through the regulatory process and get their own OCN.

Similarly, I wouldn't peer with a business that used an internet connection
but didn't have their own ASN/IPs. It's just not worth it for me. If they
have that kind of need, they can participate the same way the grown-ups do.