[nsp] Catalyst ASP/Fore ASX-200 LANE interoperability

From: Martin Cooper (mjc64@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 13:54:14 EDT

I wonder if anyone has had any experience of getting a
LANE client running on a Catalyst ASP module (running
IOS 11.2(10)WA3(4) ) to talk to a Fore ASX-200 acting
as the LECS ?

The problem we have been experiencing is in the use
of ILMI to acquire server addresses from the LECS.
The addresses are returned by the server, but they
appear to be incomplete, containing lots of zeros
in the wrong places. We've had no problems getting
the Catalyst LANE module to interoperate with the
ASX, so we wondered if this might be an IOS version
specific issue, rather than a general one.

M.