RE: [nsp] Maximum number of HSRP groups.....

From: Desmarais, Jonathan (JDesmarais@colt-telecom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 04:45:56 EDT

We have near to 150 HSRP groups in a CAT6500 environment and I can see us
reaching 255 soon. Does HSRP traffic only exist on the segment (IP and
physical) it is relative to? If this is the case then there should be no
problem duplicating HSRP group numbers.

Jon

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.