Re: [nsp] REG: Dual Ethernet Ports on Cisco 7206-VXR

From: Kurt Musselman (brewmaster1@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 07:12:08 EST

Vinod:

My apologies for leading you down the wrong path.
It was late, and I somehow missed the
ETHERNET you so clearly specified in your subject.

Brian kindly notified of my error off-list.

For clarification:

PPP, HDLC are WAN encaps
Ethernet is LAN encap

AFAIK: You can't put PPP encap on an Ethernet.

I think that bridging might be the way to go.

Kurt