[nsp] 7000/7500 architecture resources

From: kevin graham (kgraham@dotnetdotcom.org)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 15:46:04 EDT

Can anyone recommend a resource for understanding the current architecture
of the 7500? I'm only vaguely familar with the platform, and digging
around on CCO, I keep running into a mix of either marketing drivel,
clearly dated information, or module-specific data that doesn't cover the
system as a whole.

On a 7507/7513, is there a bridge between the two cbus's, or is it a
function of the RSP to tie them together? If cbus bandwidth is 1.067gbps,
is my understanding correct that even just a GEIP and GEIP+ together will
destroy the bus (if you're lucky enough to get them running full rates)?
In distributed mode, does the RSP ever get touched for direct adjacencies
ie. when distributed, would a RSP8 make much of a difference at all over
an RSP4.

If someone could point me in the right direction for this, it'd be
appreciated..

thanks.

..kg..