Re: [j-nsp] Generic recovery procedures

From: Majdi S. Abbas (msa@samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:35:13 EDT

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 03:21:08PM +0100, Guy Davies wrote:
> Why would anyone who is not a valid customer have a need to access
> this information? The knowledge base is also available to JNCIEs,
> partners, etc so it isn't *just* customers who can get it.

        I'd imagine anyone that has just purchased some equipment
used and doesn't have a service contract for it yet might be
interested.

        Honestly, what's the point of restricting it? You can always
ask around until someone gives you the information, so why make
it an obstacle? This is not the sort of thing that is going to
strenghten your relationship with someone who you want to sell
a service contract to.

        --msa