RE: [j-nsp] Cisco equivilant to an M5?

From: Guy Davies (Guy.Davies@telindus.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 05:26:52 EST

Actually, Rene,

We are both wrong and both correct. There is a PE-4GE-SX *and* an
I-4GE-SX. Unfortunately, they are both coming to End of Sale at the
end of this year (don't know why) so you'll no longer be able to
order either after 31-Dec-2001.

The PE is just on a unit which mounts into the four available PIC
slots. There are no separators between the slots so it's not
difficult to build a unit to fit all four slots (otherwise, how would
you get an OC48 card for the M10?).

Guy

.