[cisco-voip] Voicemail in SRST Mode

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:55:15 EDT 2007

If you have a PRI at both the SRST & Unity site the easiest integration is
using RDNIS.  However, not all Telco providers support end to end RDNIS.
Check to see if yours does by debugging q931 on both your SRST site and your
Unity site.

You will see a debug similiar to below when the SRST router forwards the
call to

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '5555553435'
Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
Called Party Number i = 0x80, '15555551212'
Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
Redirecting Number i = 0x000082, '1001'
Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Where 5555553435 is a PSTN caller who is calling SRST extension 1001 and the
call is forwarded to Unity pilot 5555551212.

You should then perform the same debug on the Unity PRI gateway to see if
the RDNIS comes through, if so then you just need to make sure the RDNIS
number matches the Unity extension and via ccmadmin enable inbound RDNIS on
the MGCP T1 PRI at the Unity site

If your Telco doesn't support RDNIS then you will have to use vm-integration
which is typically used for FXO lines but can also be used for pri.

Justin