[cisco-voip] Unity cxn 7.0.2.10000-18 VM PIN and ID issue

FrogOnDSCP46EF ciscoboy2006 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:58:03 EDT 2009

Hello guys,
I have setup Unity Cxn 7 and it works like a charm except few issues which I
can't figure out how to fix them.

When I press <MSG> Button on the phone, the Cisco lady says
"welcome to unity connection blah." >> Pause>> "Enter your pin followed by
pound"
Then I enter my "Correct pin" i.e. 12345 - I can check VM properly - no
issue.

But

When I press <MSG> Button on the phone, the Cisco lady says
"welcome to unity connection blah." >> Pause>> "Enter your pin"
Then If I enter "In-CORRECT pin" i.e. 3423232323 (not original 12345) -
>>Cisco lady says "Incorrect pin, Enter your "ID" followed by pound
<<<------Here is the problem "A"
Then if I put again "correct pin" it doesn't take it and cisco lady says
"Incorrect user ID",
again if I enter the Correct pin "1234" then it works :)

So in a nutshell, why Cisco lady is asking me for "entering" my ID, instead
of pin on incorrect attempt?
its asking me like -- enter-pin then enter ID then inter pin then enter id
and so on?
Is it built-in defence mechanism in Unity Cxn? to reduce number of incorrect
attempts? can it be turned off so that it will only ask me enter your "PIN"
on incorrect.

Second question: Is there any other way (without installing langage
pack/locals) change the Cisco lady saying "press pound" to "Press Hash"
(enter yoru id followed by Hash) ? I can't see language/local pack for 7.0.2
on CCO.

--
Smile, you'll save someone else's day!
Frog