[cisco-voip] Slow to connect calls

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Jun 25 14:29:16 EDT 2009

Unfortunately that is not quite the whole picture.  DNA does not
gracefully identify and handle all overlap conditions which can cause
delayed routing.

Overlap dial plan is most likely.  However, there are other signaling
issues such as long round trip time that can caused delayed call
routing.  Another cause is hunting through endpoints in a routelist or
routegroup which are partially responsive.

CCM SDI and SDL traces from the involved CM servers is the best way to
identify what is introducing the delay.  If you are uncomfortable
reviewing those open a TAC case and attach them.  Include on the case:
traces
calling party number
called party number
approximate time of call based on phone time.
phone time offset from the server

/Wes