[cisco-voip] Hunt Question

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:57:37 EDT 2010

Hi Neal,

I'm not sure I follow 100% here.. it is Friday after all.

But in general.

I think someone already mentioned to you the hLog softkey feature. This is
handy, so people can opt out of hunt groups and only log in when they are
available or want to take calls.. kind of like Ready / Not Ready in an old
ACD group.
This is available in 4.2 and up, not sure on your ver.

Alternatively, you could use a second Line Group.
Put the guys who are backup or overflow in a 2nd line group.
Make your Hunt List point to this, then only after first line group is done,
will calls reach the 2nd. So like an overflow.
You can play with the conditions as to how / when a call will route out of
the first Line Group in this case.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Tim

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Haas, Neal <nhaas at co.fresno.ca.us> wrote:

>  My last hunt question for the day,
>

> In a linear hunt group if there are 4 call going in the hunt group of 10
> phones and line #1 hangs up, and a new call comes in it will go into the 1
> phone not the fifth phone. *I believe to be correct.*
>

> The next part is the same thing but when a call comes in and is ringing
> through the hunt group of 10 phones and the manager is #10 and someone hangs
> up from a phone call before the new call reaches the manager (10) it will
> revert to the next phone before reaching the manager? (confusing I know but
> I don’t really know how to explain the manager does not want the phone
> calls)
>

> Neal Haas

Cheers,

Tim