[cisco-voip] help with WS-SVC-CMM-6T1

Frank Arrasmith frank.arrasmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:53:54 EST 2010

Hi all,
    I am trying to configure a  6 port T1 module in a CMM, and am thoroughly
stumped.  I have a T1 drop that was tested good and comes up when connected
to a 3800 with a T1 VWIC card.   The T1 will not come up to any of the ports
on the 6T1 module on the CMM.  The Controller configs are identical on the
router and the CMM.  I get a green LED on the CMM card but thats it.  The
weird part is that the router T1 will come up to the carrier T1, a T1
loopback, and even the T1 connected to the CMM module with a crossover T1
cable.   The CMM module will not come up to a loopback, nor the Router t1,
nor the carrier t1(but the LED will green up).  I could not find any
documentation on a different Pinout for CMM module, so my guess is I am
missing something in the config.  Is there anything special needed for these
CMM modules, or anybody have a suggestion on a command to troubleshoot the
Layer 1 issue?

*Config for CMM:*
#show controllers t1 1/0 brief
T1 1/0 is down.
  Applique type is Channelized T1
  Cablelength is long gain36 0db
  Receiver has loss of signal.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
  AIS State:Clear  LOS State:Clear  LOF State:Clear
  Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

#show int se1/0:23
Serial1/0:23 is reset, line protocol is down
  Hardware is DSX1
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 64 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set

#show isdn status
Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
ISDN Serial1/0:23 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x00000000
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

*
Config for the T1 VWIC:*
#show controllers t1 0/1/0 brief
T1 0/1/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized T1
  Cablelength is long gain36 0db
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
  AIS State:Clear  LOS State:Clear  LOF State:Clear
  Version info Firmware: 20040802, FPGA: 13, spm_count = 0
  Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

Serial0/1/0:23 is up, line protocol is up (spoofing)
  Hardware is DSX1
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 64 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set

ISDN Serial0/1/0:23 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
        L2 Protocol = Q.921 0x0000  L3 Protocol(s) = CCM MANAGER 0x0003
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x807FFFFF
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 23