[cisco-voip] Solution required for SIP Trunk resilience

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:27:44 EST 2010

Hi,

I have to integrate a 3rd party IVR system with my CUCM7 via a SIP Trunk.
This IVR will front the entire contact centre which is also 3rd party (dont
ask!!). Although these systems appear to integrate ok I'm a little concerned
that I wont have an automatic process of routing calls and bypassing the IVR
SIP trunk directly to the contact centre if the IVR server experienced an
outage.

If I'm routing the calls to the SIP trunk via a route pattern the only
options I can see are route lists/groups. The contact centre entry points
are CTI Route Points which I cannot insert into the route list/groups.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can provide resilliency or am I better off
creating a seperate partition with the contact centre/IVR numbers and
manually inserting that into the ISDN gateway's inbound CSS during an IVR
outage?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks