[cisco-voip] CM 4.2 upgrade to 8.0

Mike Wilusz (miwilusz) miwilusz at cisco.com
Thu Apr 21 18:58:15 EDT 2011

In release 4.x, you could run CallManager and IPCC co-resident on an MCS
(both were Windows applications).  With all applications being Linux
appliances, there is no longer co-residency (unless speaking of server
co-residency on VMWare).  You have a few options for an IVR:

1.       Your 8.x media should include IP IVR 8.x.  This is a version of
UCCX (Unified Contact Center Express) with minimal ports to allow you to
run an IVR.

2.       If you plan on having a separate instance of UCCX for a contact
center, you can use that instance as well for your IVR.

3.       You're likely running some voicemail platform (Unity/Unity
Connection).  I'd recommend Unity Connection going forward and this can
function as an IVR as well.

4.       If you have a spare router you can run a TCL IVR on this.  This
will take some programming work and I'd recommend this the least, though
it does work.

Hope this helps!  Any other questions let me know.

-mike