[cisco-voip] 9971 Phones -> Anyone using them in production?

Tim Frazee tfrazee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:59:58 EDT 2011

We are running 9971s all with 9.2(1) phoneloads on a 7.1(5)SU2 system. works
great. over VPNs and all.

9.0x phone loads where very odd and undependable. 9.2(1) is the only way.
7.1(5) highly recommended also. trying to patch up a 7.1(3) to make it work
leads to more problems.

forget that its SIP. Cisco has. there are more features on SIP than SCCP
that seem to matter I think. (opinion)

They are great replacements for the 7975 phone, but not yet mainstream
enough to replace 7942/7962s