[cisco-voip] CUCM services log files paths

Ovidiu Popa ovi.popa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:03:31 EDT 2011

Hello everyone

Does someone know where we can find a list with the correlation between CUCM
services (network and feature) and their corresponding log files paths?

I'm having problems logging into RTMT, it stops with the message that it
cannot reach the cluster. The PC log files are not very specific and I
wanted to see on the CUCM side what is the problem.

2011-05-30 12:30:42,000 [SplashThread] INFO  rtmt.control - validMLALogin():
 inside isSecureEnabled
2011-05-30 12:31:42,515 [SplashThread] ERROR rtmt.control - validMLALogin():
caught java.lang.Exception, e=java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed
out

According to this
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_5_1/rtmt/rtintro.html#wp1278618
the Cisco Communications Manager servlet handles RTMT and the problem is
what is the path for the logs for this service...

I wasn't able to find any information about these paths. It seems we should
blindly trust RTMT to collect the files but they don't say what should we do
when we need to debug RTMT itself?

Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Ovidiu