[cisco-voip] IVR on Unity can call manager

Embrey, Adam Adam.Embrey at Nucor.Com
Thu May 12 02:13:18 EDT 2011

I have Call manager 7.0.1 and Unity 5.0 I also have Cisco IVR which only runs two auto attendants. One basically gives directions to get to our facility and the other is for helpdesk line.

When you call this now it goes to the IVR and based on time either deliers a message stating press 1 for web support 2 for systems and so on.
When these are selected it forwards to the extension related to that option.
In call manager there are hunt groups setup so that if 1 is selected the web team members phone rings 4 rings then all of IT phones ring. If nobody answers it goes to a unity VM box to leave a message and notification happens.

I want to take the Cisco IVR out of the loop.I would like to do all of the recordings and call tree on Unity however I cant get unity in the call handler/caller input section to dial to an extension.

I am trying to upgrade to I get all kinds of options but no direct transfer or anything like that. I don’t really want to have to add each of the IT teams as a subscriber and add to exchange.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?