[cisco-voip] Help with Second line

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu May 12 15:26:09 EDT 2011

I like to throw broadcast hunt groups into the mix in that sort of scenario. E.g. first two rings go only to the original DN, after two rings it goes to a broadcast hunt that includes the original DN and the extra DN(s). Helps to achieve a good balance between length of time callers have to wait, and length of time callees have in order to pick up. Callers don't have to wait so long for it to start ringing the extra phones, but the original phone can still pick it up if they are actually around and just happen to be slightly slower than normal. The CFNA on the hunt pilot goes to voicemail after two or three rings.

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support