[cisco-voip] Alphanumeric EditDial on 7942 Corporate Directory

Angel Roberto Castaneda hello at angelcastaneda.com
Fri Jul 25 14:53:01 EDT 2014

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your note. I was checking that earlier, and was hoping to find
an input flag under the EditKey softkey, but it looks like they apply only
to input items. I hope the output below clarifies what I mean.

Also, I have some 9971s and 7821s that don't have this issue. I would
expect to see it across the board, if it was a problem on the directories
XML (unless the directory lookup method has changed on those models).

I checked the directory URL (http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp)
and saw the following;

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<MenuItem>
  <Name>Personal Directory</Name>
  <URL>http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmpd/pdCheckLogin.do?name=undefined</URL>
</MenuItem>
<MenuItem>
  <Name>Corporate Directory</Name>
  <URL>*http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp
<http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp>*</URL>
</MenuItem>
  <Prompt>Select a directory</Prompt>
</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

Under http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp I see:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<CiscoIPPhoneInput>
  <Title>Directory Search</Title>
  <Prompt>Enter search criteria</Prompt>
  <URL>*http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp
<http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp>*</URL>
<InputItem>
  <DisplayName>First Name</DisplayName>
  <QueryStringParam>f</QueryStringParam>
  <InputFlags>A</InputFlags>
  <DefaultValue />
</InputItem>
<InputItem>
  <DisplayName>Last Name</DisplayName>
  <QueryStringParam>l</QueryStringParam>
  <InputFlags>A</InputFlags>
  <DefaultValue />
  </InputItem>
<InputItem>
  <DisplayName>Number</DisplayName>
  <QueryStringParam>n</QueryStringParam>
  <InputFlags>T</InputFlags>
  <DefaultValue />
</InputItem>
<SoftKeyItem>
  <Position>1</Position>
  <Name>Search</Name>
  <URL>SoftKey:Submit</URL>
</SoftKeyItem>
<SoftKeyItem>
  <Position>2</Position>
  <Name><<</Name>
  <URL>SoftKey:<<</URL>
</SoftKeyItem>
<SoftKeyItem>
  <Position>3</Position>
  <Name>Cancel</Name>
  <URL>SoftKey:Cancel</URL>
</SoftKeyItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneInput>

And finally, under, this is what's being displayed:

  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>
- <DirectoryEntry>
  <Name>TEST</Name>
  <Telephone>555-555-1212</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>

[truncated]

  <Prompt>Records 1 to 31 of 10189</Prompt>

<SoftKeyItem>
  <Name>Dial</Name>
  <URL>SoftKey:Dial</URL>
  <Position>1</Position>