[cisco-voip] Idle URL not showing up on phone issue

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Mon Dec 14 17:04:31 EST 2015

If it is the ITL File that is invalid it means the phone will have the last config information it received from the TFTP server. Line information is not normally affected, but device level settings are contained with the TFTP config file, so will no longer update.

If you are interested win finding out more about why this can happen etc. I recorded a Webinar series on Endpoint Security & Compliance with Akil Beil (Author of Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Securing-Telephony-Networks-Networking-Technology/dp/1587142953)

The entire webinar series can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxsqZcpVKWYNTz77yhLTS7WW7w-7MB3kg

The most relevant session for ITL Issues (might be a red herring for your issue though) is this video:

https://youtu.be/My62ILJcSr4?list=PLxsqZcpVKWYNTz77yhLTS7WW7w-7MB3kg

At the end of the day, just try deleting the ITL File, if that doesn’t work you can move on to see what else it may be.

Kind Regards.

Stephen Welsh
CTO
UnifiedFX