[cisco-voip] Unity Connection Voice Enabled Directory Handler Alternatives

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Feb 25 12:02:50 EST 2015

I piloted Unity Connection as a potential voice enabled directory and found that it required significant administration to make it work the way we wanted. That being said, I still think it was possible, but we tend to stray from custom solutions nowadays.

>From there, it was decided to look at Nuance SpeechAttendant. It's quite a powerful tool/solution, but it also has it's issues. For example, a 256 (or something like that) character limit on custom LDAP filters for directory population. It's not a cheap solution, and requires professional services to do migrations/upgrades on the CallManager side.

Might be worth looking into.

That being said, one think I looked at with Unity Connection was to build the voice enabled directory entirely on contact lists rather than subscribers. That might help.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure