[cisco-voip] Migration from MCS UCCX 8.5.1SU4 to UCS - do not see any setting in desktop administrator

Abhiram Kramadhati (akramadh) akramadh at cisco.com
Mon Jan 12 11:36:06 EST 2015

Hi Anthony,

The issue is due to CSCul99618 - when the CVD is not initialised completely and the DRF restore is started, the license package is taken to be IPIVR and therefore the CAD component is skipped during the restore. You will see this in the UCCXCOMPONENT.log which Ryan mentioned:

2013/12/06 15:46: Checking the IPIVR license flag before initiating CAD Restore
2013/12/06 15:46: IPIVR package.Skipping CAD Restore

Mind you, the backup contains the CAD data but the issue is with the restore and that is the reason we advise that you just perform the restore again after ensuring the CVD is started. This can affect any version till 10.0 and as long as you are above 8.5(1)SU3 ES02, you can be confident that the backup has the CAD data – CSCtz34126/CSCub03368 was causing backups to not have CAD data and was fixed in 8.5(1)SU3 ES02.

So in essence, CSCul99618 can affect all UCCX versions which have DRS backup/restore you and it is only during a backup/restore (migration) and NOT during an upgrade. It is fixed in the versions: 9.0(2)SU2 10.5(1) 10.0(1)SU1

If you are below 8.5(1)SU3 ES02 – can be affected by both CSCtz34126/CSCub03368 and/or CSCul99618
If you are above 8.5(1)SU3 ES02 – can be affected by CSCul99618

Hope that helps.

[http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/email-signature-tool/logo_02.png?ct=1420440421812]

Abhiram Kramadhati
Technical Solutions Manager