[cisco-voip] Phones rebooted whilst in SRST

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:02:54 EDT 2015

Hi All

We have an issue where phones (7821) that have registered in SRST and then
been rebooted will not re register in SRST untill roughly 20 mins has past.
After the phone has rebooted is does then not contain any servers in its
Active / Standby server list so the phone will never know where to
register.

If you look at a phone that has registered in SRST but not been rebooted
then you see the Active Server as the SRST router and Standby servers as
the CUCM’s.

So if the phone loses its server list during a reboot and doesn’t know
where to register is this normal operation?

What I don’t understand though is why the phone does register with the SRST
router after 20 mins. When this happens and you check the phone server list
it just shows the Active server as the SRST router but nothing for Standby
servers, so how does the phone register with the SRST?

Any thoughts on what we have observed here?

Anyone tried rebooting a SRST registered phone before and seen it register
back with the SRST GW?

Regards

Nick