[ednog] Walled gardens & anycast (oh my!)

Kevin Miller kcmiller at duke.edu
Fri Apr 8 09:53:13 EDT 2005

David Farmer wrote:

>As mentioned UMN is deploying MPLS in our campus network.
>We are using to provide separate routing domains with different
>policies without requiring separate infrastructure or requiring l2
>across the entire campus infrastructure.  The easy example is
>ResNet.

To answer the original question: We're not yet doing anything MPLS-wise,
though considering it for the same reasons. (Avoiding L2 across the
backbone while maintaining a common infrastructure. Also TE
capabilities.) Dave, are you basically doing L3VPNs or do you have some
L2VPN happening?

-Kevin

--
Kevin C. Miller