[f-nsp] NI-MLX-10Gx8-D falls to CARD_STATE_INTERACTIVE mode

Jeroen Wunnink | Atrato IP Networks jeroen.wunnink at atrato-ip.com
Thu Jul 4 09:31:59 EDT 2013

Your application image doesn't match then most likely.

Somehow the linecard doesn't recognize the difference between some 5300x
and 5400x application images, so it doesn't do an automatic lp sync on
boot. Also attempting a manual lp sync doesn't see a problem.

Boot the card in interactive/monitor mode ('rcon lp 3' from console to
get into the linecard shell and hit the b when it says so) and then make
sure you upgrade the lp monitor, boot, application, xpp, sp2 and xgmac
images from the generic commandline in your XMR. Then powercycle the
linecard with a power-off and power-on and and it should work.

Jeroen Wunnink
Senior Network Engineer / NOC Team Lead
Atrato IP Networks
jeroen.wunnink at atrato.com