[outages] Verizon DNS Outage

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Thu Apr 18 17:36:27 EDT 2013

their SIP trunking towards customers:

**Verizon Customer,*

*Your ticket was cross-referenced to a higher-level outage ticket that
impacted multiple customers as a result of a DNS issue. The issue was
repaired as of 3:27pm ET, and a RFO/post-mortem will be compiled and
made available to your Verizon account reprentative outside of this
ticket. The master and all associated cross-referenced tickets will be
autoclosed in 24 hours. If you are still experiencing service-affecting
issues, please let us know prior to ticket closure.*

*Thank you,*

*John

**

In other words, "we don't really want to tell you what went wrong, but if you insist you can hassle your account rep."

--Jon Radel
jradel at vantage.com
267-756-1014