[VoiceOps] Call recording solutions for Broadsoft

Beth Johnson bethjohnson5060 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 11:32:47 EDT 2010

Hello all,

We'd like to add a call recording solution to our Broadsoft network.

Our weighted list of criteria are:

stability
stability
stability
features
ease of use for end customers
ease of use for administrators
ease of implementation
performance efficiency (whatnots per cpu, murphies per megabyte, etc)
cost

Yes, we do like our uptime, and we've got the budget to do it right the
first time.

In general, it seems that the marketplace has developed four different
architectures:

1.  Network sniffer - SPAN a port and try to make sense out of things by
joining the SIP/RTP with configuration information

2.  SIP server - Use SIP to redirect the call into a media proxy that
captures the traffic

3.  CALEA interface - Overload the CALEA function to provide recording
services.

4.  Dual number forward - Use two telephone numbers and a forwarding scheme
to get a call into and out of a recording server at the TN level

If you have experience with integrating a call recording solution with
broadsoft, or thoughts on the various architectures, I'd be grateful to hear
your opinion.

Thank you very much.