[VoiceOps] Main number fail-safe solution for small ITSP

Carlos Alcantar carlos at race.com
Mon Oct 15 02:50:40 EDT 2012

Have pri's or sip trunks from a totally different carrier for your support
lines.

Carlos Alcantar
Race Communications / Race Team Member
1325 Howard Ave. #604, Burlingame, CA. 94010
Phone: +1 415 376 3314 / carlos at race.com / http://www.race.com

From:  Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com>
Date:  Friday, October 12, 2012 10:25 AM
To:  VoiceOps <voiceops at voiceops.org>
Subject:  [VoiceOps] Main number fail-safe solution for small ITSP

I'm curious how other small VoIP providers handle having a fail-over for
their main (support) phone number in case their entire infrastructure is
unable to take calls.  I know we all build in redundancy, but for the big
what-if scenario where nothing is available and the calls fail, you still
need to take your customer support calls.

We have one carrier who does PSTN failover, but they're far from our primary
or an ideal carrier for us.  None of our major origination providers do
this.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve