[VoiceOps] 911 address policy for company phones at home

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Jan 18 18:41:23 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Nathan Anderson <nathana at fsr.com> wrote:

> Yes, but again, that doesn't help with the question of what to do if a
> single TN for CLID purposes is shared amongst many devices, which is what I
> took your original question to be.  The E911 provider will look at the CLID
> and transmit the address provisioned for it, so in this scenario, there can
> only be 1 address for all of these devices because there is only 1 TN for
> all of these devices.  There's no mechanism to identify a device *other*
> than by TN, so if you share a TN between devices, there is no way to
> achieve the 911 granularity that you want for your customers that choose to
> operate like this.

Well the question was what to tell a customer who refuses to pay for the
costs we incur in implementing the solution for them.  On a technological
level we have no problem; we assign a DID to that device, and put the
appropriate address on it.  We bill the customer for it to cover costs.
 The customer just says they don't want to pay.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve