[VoiceOps] Broadsoft MoH

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Aug 22 00:09:25 EDT 2014

On 8/21/14, 2:13 PM, Colton Conor wrote:
> Basically I am looking for an ATA that has a line in port, and supported
> by auto prov by Broadsoft DMS. If this ATA could also have a music
> server built in where you could upload files and it could stream that
> back to the Broadsoft that would be ideal. Seems like the Warp Plus will
> do the line in stream back to the Broadsoft, but then doesn't have the
> ability to upload songs and stream them back. Maybe the ATA I am asking
> for doesn't exist?

You can use any old Sipura/Linksys ATA as an MOH source for Broadsoft.
Add a resistor and a capacitor to isolate the RJ11 voltage from the
source device.  I know of a person in the aircraft business who plays
the local ATIS (weather, wind, altimeter, etc.) as his MOH live from a
radio.

Asterisk scales better if you have multiple customers than dozens of
ATAs and iPods, each with its own wall-wart.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net