[VoiceOps] Broadworks R17Sp4 to R20 upgrade

Jessie Bryan jessie at impulse.net
Fri Mar 13 17:58:48 EDT 2015

Hi Kumudu,

We have not upgraded (from 18SP1) to 20SP1 after discovering some issues during lab-testing.
Since BroadWorks can be used in many different ways, these issues may or not impact you.

1) The ProfileServer replication silently fails copying device file-repos to it's peers.
2) Another issue is with Polycom VVX Phones and the VVX Camera. If your users have BroadWorks N-Way, and the VVX Camera attached, the N-Way call will fail to engage in most call-scenarios.
3) Lastly, the bw-preUpgradeCheck-Rel_20-438231 falsely reports a DBS(maybe others) system as "SUCCESSFUL" even if the host does not have sufficient disk space.

All three issues have been confirmed by TAC Tier-3.

Since the first 2 issues are important for us, we're not upgrading until they release patches.

Hope that helps a little, and good luck!

--
Jessie Bryan
VP Engineering