[VoiceOps] Caller ID name discrepancies between carriers

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:28:09 EDT 2017

On occasion we have a problem where CNAM is shown incorrectly by one or two
destination carriers.  Most often it has been Cox and T-Mobile, because
they seem to cache CNAM "forever."  Today it's Verizon wireless.  They are
showing an ancient name for one client.  We changed it at least three years
ago.

Our carrier for that number is Onvoy.  Should we open a ticket with them?
I'm guessing I'd have no success calling Verizon.  I have been able to call
Cox when they are screwed up, but probably only because I have a direct NOC
number.