[VoiceOps] Connecting to Remote Tandems

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Fri Aug 9 16:54:09 EDT 2019

In our home turf, the same entity is operating local and long distance tandems (I hear it's even the same chassis, just a different blade), so locally, I wouldn't really be avoiding dealing with the ILEC. I understand that may not always be the case. I'd assume it would be fairly common, though, where one ILEC is dominate in the LATA.

Ah, so scale doesn't necessarily help them on the local side if I need all of my own trunks anyway. That makes sense. The terms presented to me don't seem to jive well with (my portion of costs of the other gear + profit) * number of trunks required, but that could be a business decision on their side.

It totally makes sense that the incumbent and\or government are the source of the problems and not some third party trying to solve problems and provide a service.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com