[VoiceOps] Calls to Verizon are coming up as Restricted

Shawn L shawn at rmrf.us
Fri Feb 9 10:11:56 EST 2024

At $dayjob we ported a customer in a couple of months ago.  They're having
an ongoing issue calling numbers owned by Verizon.  Whenever they call a
Verizon number, their caller id is coming up as restricted.  They're a
financial services company, so the people they are calling are existing
customers (not telemarketing or soliciting).

I've looked at their calls, there aren't any privacy headers or anything on
the call that I can see.  Their caller id is correctly setup in the Neustar
/ Trans Union database and we're sending the calls to a local tandem via
TDM so STIR/SHAKEN doesn't really play a part (if they go to LD, etc.
they're going via SIP and we're correctly signing).

I can't seem to get any traction with Verizon to get anyone to look at it,
though I've filled out all the forms on Verizon's website I can find about
mis-labled calls.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this, or has any ideas on how to get it
fixed.

Thanks

Shawn