RE: [nsp] MSFC, PFC, CEF, CAR, oh boy!

From: ken lindahl (lindahl@ack.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:14:33 EST

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, "F. David Sinn" <dsinn@cisco.com> wrote:
>What you need to do is enable CAR on the Catalyst side of the hybrid
>configuration. I don't have the URL in front of me right now, but will look
>for it and get back to you.

interesting. our cisco support folk seemed to encourage us to run
"non-hybrid" configuration (IOS on MSFC, cat6000-sup* on the sup) last
year when we brought the first of these up. (fwiw, these are
sup1/PFC1/MSFC1 in case that matters.)

is there a way to accomplish CAR-like rate-limiting in this configuration?
(i haven't had a need, but assumed all along that it could be done using
some of the cat6000-sup* QoS features.) or should we be looking at converting
to hybrid configuration?

thanks,
ken